Friday 11 November 2011

The money side of things

As far as this bike ride is concerned, it is self-funded. I am going to do it anyway and I am not asking for any donations or other financial assistance. 


I am not actually doing it for a charity but I have absolutely no objection to a charity or charities benefitting from my efforts. In fact, if I can help a worthy cause it will give me a particularly good feeling so it's all positive. They both benefit and so do I and there are no losers. 


My chosen worthy causes are :-


WIGAN AND LEIGH HOSPICE  http://www.wlh.org.uk/ In their own words "Wigan & Leigh Hospice is a bright, modern building staffed by dedicated, caring professionals and assisted by volunteers; whose sole objective is to provide care, compassion and support for patients living with a life-limiting condition and their loved ones".  

FETHIYE INTERNATIONAL GROUP  http://www.figfethiye.org/ Again in their own words  To promote the education and welfare of children in the locality of Fethiye, through fund raising and voluntary activities.’


I will set up an account into which donations can be made. Any payments into this account, together with any cash donations, will be shared equally between the two. Alternatively, if you wish to donate to one in particular, you can do so through their own website. 


I had a night out last night so it's been a rest day today. Hoping for a dry day tomorrow while I "up the ante".

No comments:

Post a Comment