Friday 27 January 2012

Week Off Blogging

Yes, I have had a week off. I've just been so busy with work and sorting out my records for tax purposes (still haven't finished) and putting the date back maybe caused me to lose a bit of focus, as they say. The rest has done me good though and I'll soon get up to speed when I get going again.

I have changed the start date again to 10th April which is the Tuesday after Easter, and I think that will be just about final. The panniers have arrived but I haven't ridden with them on yet. I'll have to start getting used to them and may also need to consider front bags to help balance the weight.

I took the car, with the bike in the back, for an MOT yesterday to those lovely people at the Owd Barn Garage in Standish Lower Ground. I then set off up the hill towards Shevington and back home via Mossy Lea, about 12 miles. I felt OK and will do similar for a few days now, maybe with the bags on, before I steadily build up again.    

It was the annual Atherton and Tyldesley beer festival last night, also known as the Bent and Bongs, where I have sponsored a barrel for the last ten years or so and a good time was had by all. Needless to say I'm a bit delicate today and took a while to get going but I've been hard at it this afternoon and early evening. I'm glad to be back in "Blog" mode and hope to have ridiculously long rides to report on over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment