Wednesday 29 February 2012

Next Project

I felt OK this morning so, after a productive couple of hours work-wise, I got back in the swing and did the standard 20 miles around Chorley. There was a time when 20 miles would have knackered me but I'm pleased to say it feels quite easy these days, even after a wee cough. I fitted mudguards the other day and today ordered front panniers, which should be the last of the required equipment, and hopefully will have them installed in time for the next project which is a four day ride, there and back, to see my mate John who, with Yvonne, has been carrying out missionary work in Cumbria for a long time, too long if you ask me. I will be heading North on Monday 26th March for 50 odd miles to an overnight stop at Oxenholme which has all the necessary accessories, a camping ground, a pub which does B & B in case the weather is ridiculous and a railway station in case the unthinkable happens. Day two will start with breakfast in the tent and packing etc, followed by a ride over Shap and up to Brampton. My host has offered a fantastic menu involving Cumberland sausages, locally brewed beer and a fine malt as we nod off on the couch. Needless to say, the menu was well received by myself. Day three will see me heading South back to Oxenholme for another night's camping and home on Thursday in time for the meeting of minds in the Anvil where I probably won't be of much use to anybody. (cue predictable response) At the moment I am not sure if I will be undertaking this epic journey solo or if my good pal George will be leading me out. I hope he can make it but he is going through a busy time at the moment so we'll see.

A four day, fully-equipped ride two weeks before departure should just about see me right.  

No comments:

Post a Comment