Saturday 19 November 2011

Health Scare!

I managed a few beers on Thursday night but had some bad sniffles early on and expected the worst the morning after. I woke with a small hangover and a bit of a cold but got gradually better as the day went on. That's the beauty of drinking. Dean Martin once said, "feel sorry for people who don't drink. They wake up in the morning and that's the best they're going to feel all day." I felt better still this morning, after a very rare alcohol free Friday night, and completed the short 11 mile ride at about 14 mph which is quite pleasing. There was a bit of a wind against from Coppull Moor or it would have been quicker. Where did the wind come from, I wonder? It wasn't there earlier. It's funny but cyclists never really notice the wind when it's behind them. 


Another beautiful morning. I started with gloves on but soon had them stashed in the back of my jacket. The weather is holding out, tremendous for November, but I believe it will be colder next week but still not much prospect of rain and that's the main thing. I'm not looking forward to going to the gym to train. Much better out in the open air. Another rest day tomorrow and then into only the third week of training, hopefully with a step up in distance to 30 miles at the end. 





  

No comments:

Post a Comment