Saturday 14 April 2012

13 April Stage 4 Eck en Wiel - Kevelaer

Dep  1000     Arr  1605     Dist 97.1km     Ave 19.3kph     On bike 5hr 1 min

I took a while getting organised and only set off at 1000. It was cool and murky and the clouds were very low but it didn't look like it would rain although the cape was at the top of the bar bag. I had to stop a few times to check the route and I managed to find my way through a few tricky small towns which had main roads going through pedestrian areas with no signs which made it difficult to find my way out. The sun cam out in the afternoon and I considered cracking on to make a city where I could find a hostel and watch the game on Saturday. I decided to stick with the original plan and made it to the planned venue which was the Anna Fleuth campsite at Kevelaer which was a really well run place in a beautiful spot. I managed to dry out some clothes in the evening sun and had noodles again for tea with a couple of bottles of the local beer as the sun went down. Again an early night.

Today's Route

No comments:

Post a Comment